The perfect tool to get your point (and your floor plan) across to a client is MagicPlan. This app measures your space and draws your floor plan just by taking pictures. Then, you can share the floor plan in PDF, JPG and DXF and publish an interactive floor plan on the web.
Genius Scan turns your iPhone into a pocket scanner. This free app allows you to easily scan documents on the go and send the scans as JPEG or PDF. The technology also includes smart page detection, perspective correction and image post-processing. Features for this app include:
- Shares documents over WiFi for easy access from your computer.
- Documents are processed on the phone, not sent to a third-party server.
- Emails the PDF documents.
- Creates PDF documents with multiple scans.
TourWrist allows you to create 360 degree panorama images of spaces that give prospects a professional, virtual tour. This app allows you to check out travel destinations, hotels, restaurants and even look inside new homes. Some of the key features include:
- Integrated panoramic photography functions.
- Intuitive, touch-based navigation.
- 3-D-viewing technology that tracks your device movement.
- The ability to bookmark your favorite tours, and even share them via email, Twiiter or Facebook
This popular note-taking and organization app is ideal for keeping track of tasks, whether you are at home, work or on the go. Evernote lets you take notes, capture photos, create to-do lists and record voice reminders. Ways to utilize this app for your professional career include:
- Taking meeting notes, draft agendas and research notes.
- Creating a task list and check things off as you go.
- Viewing web pages saved in Evernote on your desktop.
- Accessing files and notes you create on your phone from your desktop.
- Keeping finances in order: save receipts, bills and contracts.
- Reducing paper clutter by taking snapshots of restaurant menus, business cards and labels.
This app allows you to easily share and access photos, docs and videos that you sync with Dropbox, meaning you can access both home and work files on the go. After installing Dropbox on your computer, any file you save to your Dropbox will automatically save to all your computers, your iPhone and iPad. Features for this app include:
- Ability to always have your stuff with you, no matter where you are.
- Adding files to "Favorites" for fast, offline viewing.
- Easily saving photos and docs with family and friends.
- Saving email attachments straight to your Dropbox.
Google Map Floor Plans
Share your building’s floor plan through Google Maps (only available on android). Google Map Floor Plans collects positioning data and helps vendors who have uploaded floor plans of their indoor venues to Google Maps. The following are steps on how to use this app:
- Find the building on the map.
- Upload pictures of your plans or directories of a floor.
- Line up your floor plan with satellite images in Google Maps.
- Submit! This will help Google improve Google Maps.
This growing business network continues to roll out updates for iPhone and iPad that make it even easier to network and find information among your industry.
LinkedIn allows you to find and connect with more than 181M members worldwide, read the latest industry news, keep up-to-date with your groups and share content with your network from anywhere.